- Tree Guards and Bamboo Stakes
- DIY Home Energy Audit Toolkit
- Information brochures
- Books for Sale
- Seminars and Workshops
- Equipment for loan/hire
LR&M Construction at Roseworthy kindly donated tree guards and bamboo stakes to the NRC earlier in 2015. These were made available at the Understorey Project plant pick-up day in June 2015 and are still available now from the NRC for a donation. The installation of tree guards with new vegetation can assist plant growth by creating a barrier from rabbits, wind and drifting sand as well as provide UV protection in summer.
If you are after tree guards and stakes please contact the NRC on
8523 7715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DIY Home Energy Audit Toolkit
The Gawler Regional Natural Resource Centre recently purchased two DIY Home Energy Audit Toolkits. Both are available for the public to loan, one has been donated to the Gawler Library and the other is available from the Centre.
- Property Management
- Weed identification & Control
- Pest control information
- Water resource management
- Native re-vegetation
- Planting native seedlings – a how to guide
- How to construct a WICKING BED in a FOAM BOX
- How to construct a WICKING BED in a RAISED BED
- Wicking Bed Information
- Benefits of composting horse manure
- Horse friendly riding trails
- Backyard poultry
- Keeping meal worms
- Habitat creation
- Information on local wildlife including Bats, Possums, Birds, Frogs, Fish and Lizards
- Sustainable Living
- Energy Efficiency – A Home Energy Audit Kit can be borrowed
3. Books/DVDs for Sale
The NRC has a number of locally produced books for sale we also have an extensive reference library.
- Native Garden Plants for the Gawler Region book – $5 each
– This Booklet was developed by staff and volunteers of the Gawler Regional NRC. It is designed as a quick reference guide for people wanting to grow native plants in their gardens that are indigenous to the Gawler Region.
- Flowers of Para Wirra book – $15 eac
- Attracting Butterflies to your Garden book – $25 each by Hunt, Grund, Keane & Forrest
– What to grow and conserve in the Adelaide Region
- Repairing our Rivers DVD- $20 each (free for community groups or learning centres).
– Effective ways to restore riparian ecosystems. The story of restoring a stretch of the Gawler River at Hillier
We run a variety of workshops and events during the year on topics such as composting, worm farming, green cleaning, soap making, wicking bed construction, bird ID etc. If you have an idea for a workshop you would like to come along to please let us know. Our annual events include the Understorey Project held May/June and the Sustainable Living Festival held in November. Check the Events/Projects tabs for upcoming workshops.
- Rabbit warren ripper
- Animal Control
- Soil sampler & test kits
- Home energy audit kit
- Pindone carrots for rabbit control (only available for properties >1000sqm)
- 1080 baits for fox control available from authorised officers
- Tree popper
- Chemical swab bottle
The Northern Service Area of the Adelaide & Mt Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board has a number of staff based at the Gawler Office that can assist you with Land Management in the Region so come in and meet them. The Board provides a wide variety of services, incentive programs and courses for land holders, visit their website for more details: www.amlrnrm.sa.gov.au