WE ARE NOW TAKING PLANT ORDERS FOR 2018!
**Please read the instructions below before placing your order**
Order link at the bottom of the page
From May to August each year the Gawler Environment Centre and Gawler Environment and Heritage Association (GEHA) team up to bring residents of Gawler and surrounding areas the opportunity to purchase cheap locally indigenous plants.
Click on the links below to view on YouTube:
How to place an order…
1. Decide if you want to order a mixed box or a custom box
Note: Orders must be in quantities of 20 or 50 plants
Mixed Box: $22 for 20 plants or $55 for 50 plants
What is a mixed box? A mixed box will contain species specifically suited to the area you live in. The species in this box will be chosen by the nursery and may contain 3 of one species if thought appropriate ie. grasses are more practical in clumps of 3 or more. This box is great if you are unsure of what to plant, have limited knowledge on what species are specific to your area or if you just want someone else to do the choosing for you.
There are four mixed box options:
- Mixed box (standard)
- Mixed box with trees (you will get one or two trees with your order)
- Mixed box of butterfly attracting plants (an assortment of shrubs and smaller plants which are food source for butterflies)
- NEW! Mixed box of native bee attracting plants (these are flowering plants of all sizes, please advise in the ORDER NOTES section if you want trees and shrubs included in your order)
If you have specific requests about the type of plants you want/don’t want in your order you can include this in the ORDER NOTES section on the Billing Information page.
Custom Box Cost: $26 for 20 plants or $65 for 50 plants
What is a custom box? A custom box allows you to make up your own order from the plants available. We advise creating orders with at least 6 different species and multiples of these ie. grasses are more practical in clumps of 3 or more. This box is great if you know which plants are specific for your area and you know what you want to grow in your garden. Note: Depending on availability of some species we may choose to supply a suitable replacement.
2. Placing your order
To order a mixed box:
Select option 7 ‘Mixed Box’ and choose a box(es) of 20 or 50 with trees, without trees, butterfly attracting or native bee attracting.
To order a custom box:
- Look at the map below to find out the vegetation association that you live in
- Select option 1-6 depending on the area you live in. eg if the map below identifies you as living in the coastal area then select option 2
- Select the plants you wish to make up your custom box
Look at the map below to find which vegetation association you live in. This will help you choose appropriate plants when ordering.
Click here for an enlarged Vegetation Associations Map
Click here for the Understorey Project – Species List 2018
3. Advise of any specifics relating to your order
At the check-out, enter any specific requests for your order in the ORDER NOTES section eg. “I want all grasses in my mixed box”.
Important! If you are ordering trees or shrubs:
ONLY 5% of your order may be made up of TREES (including small, medium and large) eg. In a box of 20 plants 1 of the plants may be a tree species.
ONLY 10% of your order may be made up of MEDIUM/TALL SHRUBS eg. In a box of 20 plants only 2 of the plants may be medium or tall shrub species.